About 120 years ago, at the end of the 19th Century, the first member of the Deutsch family began to trade with antiques. Dealing with antiques was at the beginning grown out of an accidental transaction to offset pecuniary embarrassment, but soon became the chief occupation of the family, and till today each generation of the family is involved with enthusiasm, interest and fascination in this field. It's not only a subsistence of life, it's also the life occupation of the family.
After the First World War two stores could be opened in the inner historical city of Vienna, but they got lost at the beginning of the Second World War. After the great losses of the war, the first stores could be opened again in London in 1949 by Hugo Deutsch and in Vienna in 1954 by Friedrich Deutsch. Both branches still exist today.
In 1971 Friedrich Deutsch was one of the founders of the Art Exhibition fair at the Royal Palace in Vienna. In 1972 he opened the first private auctioneers sale room in Vienna and Austria after the war and was the first President of the Association of Certificated Art Experts by the Austrian court Authorities until 1996.
Since 1985 Paul Deutsch leads the company.
- Authorised and licensed auctioneer for art and antiques of the state Vienna.
- Official auctioneer to the state exhibition at Chateau Halbturn.
- Member of the official Viennese Antique Dealer Association (CINOA).
- Participation at the West German Art Fair between 1992 - 1995.
- Foundation of the sale room Deutsch and Keil in1995.
- Since 19.. regularly sales in Dorotheergasse 13