Condition of sale
1. The auction is carried out in the name and on account of the customer not of the auction
house, own goods excluded. The auctioning will be performed according to the stated
sequence in the catalogue.
2. The auctioneer can combine numbers, separate them, can offer them out of the sequence or
can withdraw them. He has the right to exclude persons from the auction and to reject written
3. The goods to be sold in the auction can be examined and checked at determined times before
the auction; place and date will be mentioned in the catalogue. They will be auctioned in the
conditions as examined. The description in the catalogues are made to the best of our
knowledge, but they are no guaranteed attributes in the sense of § 459 and following BGB.
The auctioneer has no liability for defects. The goods are not tested for function if not stated
otherwise. Paintings and drawings are sized (cm), not including the frame. The signatures are
read as seen and checked with different scientific methods. Transformers and switch-gears do
not come up to the present regulations of the association of German electrical engineers
(VDE). Therefore they will be offered just for the purpose of collecting and without any liability
of the auctioneer. Proves of forgery, not originals, can be accepted only by an expertise
officially recognized (incumbent on the new owner) and presented to the auction house within
6 weeks after receiving the object. Of all our efforts and technical equipments the colours of
photos can varying from the original. We can not guarantee the colour fastening. In case
there are diverging numbers with picture and corresponding text by mistake, the text
number shall remain valid.
4. Bids have to be placed in written form in EURO. Written bids must be present one day before
the auction. The auctioneer reserves the right to reject any bid, in particular where the bidder
is not known to the auctioneer, where no security has been given prior to the auction. The
auctioneer is entitled to refuse an offer of unknown persons if there is no security guaranteed.
Phone biddings are accepted for bids minimum 50 € and the bidder agreeing that he bids
automatically the reserve or estimate price. The minimum increase of the bids is EUR 5 till
the bids come up to EUR 100, EUR 10 up to 1000 EUR and EUR 100 up to EUR 4000. Over
4000 EUR bids increase EUR 500.
5. The knocking down is done if no higher offer is made after the third repetition of the highest
offer. Any objections have to be done immediately; in this case the auctioneer can start again
with the initial bid of this lot. In case several bidders make the same offer, the knocking down
is decided by incoming date. With the knocking down a contract of sale will come about with
the seller represented through the auctioneer and the buyer.
6. The knocking down obliges the taking of the sold lot. The knocking down transfers the risk of
possible losses, damages, mistakes to the purchaser. It is his business to insure the goods
against these risks. The auction house offers the service to organize shipment of goods on the
buyers risk and costs only upon the written instructions.
7. The goods become the property of the purchaser only after the complete payment. The
objects will only be delivered if the payment has been settled. Till complete payment and
change of ownership the storing of the goods takes place at the costs and the risk of the
8. Present buyers have to pay the auctioneer or an authorized person on the day of the auction
the hammer price, the premium and the sales tax cash or with Euro Card with pin. We do
accept payment credit cards charging 3.67 % on the total amount. Absent buyers will get an
invoice which has to be paid immediately. Property will be shipped after complete payment.
The shipment will be carried out as parcel post on the account and risk of the purchaser.
There is a flat rate on mailing and packing due to one piece of package; charging 12 € for
Germany, 18 € for Europe, depending on weight and volume, minimum 40 € for overseas.
Further parcels will be charged separately to foreign customers. If the purchaser wishes an
additional insurance it is on his account. The lump-sum is only valid for parcels shipped by
mail. Bulky goods will be charged by actual fees.
9. A premium of 20 % has to be paid on the knocking down price. Live-bidding increase the
premium of 3 % (total 23 % + VAT = 27.37 %). The German VAT tax (19 %) has to be paid on
the surcharge, i.e. the total surcharge amounts to 23,8 %. VAT free sale is valid, according to
German tax law, for buyers and delivering outside UE territories. Sales tax in respect of
commission and extra costs will be passed on account separately. Invoices issued during the
- 2 -
auction have to be checked and paid immediately. 14 days after issue of the invoice (date of
issue) the buyer will be in default and costs will be applied.
10. Complaints because of obvious defects have to be made instantly if possible or at latest in 14
days after the auction or 14 days after receiving the goods, to forward them to the seller of the
11. In case the payment does not reach the auctioneer in due time, it will cause an interest for
delay for the buyer at a rate of 1.5 % for every month or part thereof, calculating 5 % + VAT of
storage costs per item and day. After appointed time with warning of refusal any of his rights
deriving from the knocking down will be lost. The articles will be resold at his own cost. The
auctioneer is entitled to claim overall damages at a rate of 25 % of the knockdown price due to
default (lost of seller’s and buyer’s commission). Higher expenses remain on the provision.
The buyer has the right to proof of less expenditure. Additional costs will be charged to the
12. The auctioneer has the right to withdraw or sue for the debts relating to the contract of sale in
other peoples name.
13. To sue the auctioneer for any damages is only possible if the damage was caused deliberately
or through bad carelessness.
14. The preceding terms are also valid for the after sale upon the official auction.
15. All visitors are liable for any damages they are causing. The auctioneer has the right to
exclude persons from the auction without stating motives especially persons who are
disturbing the progress of the auction or defaulting purchasers.
16. The alienable and hereditary rights of realization, right of use and copyright on the pictures in
this catalogue are exclusively belonging to the auctioneer and the owner of the goods at the
time of publication of the catalogue. They will not pass over to the bidder when he gets the
knocking down. The above listed rights imply explicitly the duplication and publishing as well
as all rights close to. The purchaser of the goods will waive all rights on the pictures.
17. The visitor accepts the above conditions explicitly by bid participation of the auction or by bid
18. Place of performance for both sides is the residence of the auction house
19. Should one or more provisions in these conditions of sale be or become ineffective, the
validity of the remaining conditions is retained.
20. In case of doubt the German version of these conditions of sale is legally binding. The objects
shown in this catalogue and on our website are our property. Duplicate and copy needs our